Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Children Are Wonderful

Last night Eric and I were laying in bed talking (which is where most of our talking takes place since the TV is turned off) about our children. We started discussing the fact that we would really like one more to complete our family when Eric asked me if I thought I would go crazy with a third. I sat there for a moment thinking about his concern and then told him, "No, I would not go crazy."

These are my reasons why:

1. The kids can do things that can really try my patience and I may be upset at them one second, all it take is the smile and "I Love You Mommy" and all the things they have done just melts away.
2. Watching them interact with each other and seeing Taylor love on Jimmy just shows the compassion that Eric and I have instilled in them, makes everything all worthwhile.
3. All the pictures I receive throughout the day from my little artists makes you take a step back and remember to not let the little everyday worries get you down.
4. Watching them learn or figure out something new is the best thing a parent can witness. To see your child so happy through their accomplishments, there is nothing better than that.

So do I think I will have crazy days? I most definately will, but I know at the end of each day there will be three "I love you Mommy's", three gorgeous smiles, many loving moments, more pictures and story than I have room for and tons of accomplishments throughout the day. To me, that is what makes parenthood worthwhile.

No comments: