Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!




Happy Easter to all! I woke up to the high pitched screams of Jimmy finding his basket, "I got Skip, I got Skip!" Skip is the garbage truck from Bob the Builder and he had let me know yesterday that he needed one. Taylor got two teen magazines that she has been begging for the last week and was very happy with that. Got candy? We do and lots of it. This morning was great, after I got dressed I started lunch, two different sugu's, one with meat, one without. I made cannolini and lasgna and it was wonderful.

I headed over to Tonya's while the sugu was cooking and helped her prepare cupcakes for the party we were having for the kids. Once all snacks were done I headed back home to finish the things I needed to do: stuff Easter eggs with candy and money, set the goodies on the outside table and fill the cooler with ice and drinks. Gannon headed over around one and brought all the treats he and Pam prepared, the kids are getting so excited at this time. Of course Tyler showed up around ten this morning and we invited him to join us...it ended on a sad noted with Tyler this evening and I hope he will be okay. I care about him very much and have even suggested to Eric that we take him in, he needs a loving home with parents that will take care of him, but we gave him a great day today and hope he remembers it forever. So, we added one more to our table and he enjoyed the food very much.

Once everyone arrived we pulled out all the activities: slip 'n slide, water balloons, horse shoe toss, balls of all shapes and sizes. Thank goodness our yard is big enough to hold all the kids, they had so much fun. Eric, Gannon and Tim took the kids to the front yard for snacks and drinks while Tonya, Pam and I hid Easter eggs, 350 of them. We had so many we were running out of places to hide them, but once the kids back around we were busy helping the younger ones find them.

Jimmy was stung by another wasp on his stomach while looking for eggs and Tonya was stung on her knee. Jimmy found an egg in the bush and when he went to grab it a ton of wasps started flying out, I tried to grab him but as I ran with him one landed on his stomach, I saw it happen but it was so quick, nothing I could do. Gannon broke his cigarette in half and pulled the tobacco out of it before I could even look at Jimmy's sting and applied it to the wound, he said it pulls the sting out, and looked as if it worked. Eric and Gannon took care of the bush once we got everyone away, the wasps are so bad right now.

All in all, today turned out great and Tyler I know you won't read this but for some reason, someday you do, I care about you so much and you are a terrific little boy who I enjoy seeing everyday you come over. I hope you have a wonderful life and that I see you soon, you are welcome in my home anytime. I am glad I got to give you a good holiday and hope you have many, many more to look forward to. There are people in this world who love and worry about you and I am one of them, though you may not know it now, I wouldn't have done what I did if I didn't care!

Hope you all have a great day as well. XOXO

HAPPY EASTER

No comments: