Sunday, April 09, 2006

2006 Ybor City Italian Festival

We spent the day in Ybor City at the annual Italian Festival and it was so much fun. When we first arrived, we ran into Eric's district manager and his family and then we proceded to find lunch. Taylor and I enjoyed a meatball sandwich (which was very good), Jimmy had authentic pizza and Eric had an Italian sauage and peppers sandwich (he said it was not that great) and eggplant fries. It was a gorgeous day and we enjoyed looking at all the venders and what they had to offer. Taylor and Jimmy got their faces painted and rode all the rides. Taylor became a cat and Jimmy was a lion, they looked great. This was the first fair that I have gone to where everything (food, drinks and rides) were paid for with tickets.

I did get an early anniversary present that I have to say is one of my favorite gifts ever. As we were looking through the venders this afternoon I found a lady who was selling prints of the Sopranos and loved them all. After the kids had rode the rides and we were ready to head home, Eric took me back to the place that had them and bought me one, I was so happy and can't wait to get the frame. The lady who we bought it from has a website and said I could buy every season's print, so I am planning on doing that and yes, I plan to hang every single one of them up...I will have a Sopranos living room.

We had a great and tiring day and I came home and made stuffed Italian mushrooms to munch on while we watched Sopranos. I am very proud of my heritage and was glad to have my children be apart of something so they can be proud of who they are as well. I grew up in a very traditional Italian upbringing where there was so much love and family around all the time, Sunday was the day everyone got together for basta, meatballs and spaghetti. I do the same for my family now, we have our Sunday Italian meal, though we don't have family around to share it with, I make sure to call Nani every Sunday morning and it feels like I have my family around. Amore a tutta la mia famiglia!

No comments: