Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm LOST





Okay, it's Wednesday night and I have been feeling something is missing. I wander around the house not knowing what to do, I cook dinner and I am taking my time-there is no rush tonight, I sit down to eat and have the sudden feeling that there are so many unanswered questions. What is my problem? Oh yeah, it's Wednesday night and LOST isn't on. I will have nothing to talk about with my mom tomorrow morning, maybe not tomorrow morning (because I am sure she will have a lot to talk about with Andy being born), but what about the rest of Thursday mornings until the new season? I need my LOST fix bad. I guess I will resort to pulling out the box sets and watching them until fall or winter, whenever they decide to bring the show back.

Next season will be the last. I have been hooked on the show since it came out and the thought of not having it just crushes me. I figured out by the third season what the show is about, it's not people LOST on an island that cannot be found by radars, it is the viewers that are home that are the ones lost, if you miss one episode you are just screwed (lost), there is no hope for you and I hope you set that DVR because you will not figure it out until you watch the hour catch up, who knows how long you'll have to wait for that. It's a great show, I would say one of the best I have ever watched. I love all the characters, even the ones you hate you love, if that makes any sense.

In the ending we see the island's bomb explode (of course it was in the year 1977) what happens? If the people of the island die in 1977, what will become of them now? Will it end up being like Jake Chambers in Stephen King's Dark Tower series, where he dies in one year but is still living in the future and the flashes of his past make him go crazy in the future? I know, that one is very confusing but if you read the books you understand--if you haven't read the series you need to, it's well worth the seven books and if I were you I would buy the hard cover so they last longer, you will want to read it at least one more time. I don't know if I even understand what I just wrote, I guess it sounded better in my head lol.

Anyway, I guess I need to find something to keep me busy on Wednesday until the show starts back up. One more note for Thursday since Grey's Anatomy had it's season finale, I knew Katherine and T.R. were leaving the show, I could deal with that. Izzy (Katherine's role) found out she had cancer and I think we all knew she would die at the end of the series, but George (T.R.) are you f**king serious? Come on now, you made us sit and watch some John Doe come in on a stretcher, face unrecognizable and all of us too consumed with Izzy didn't really pay any attention to Mr. John Doe. We felt sorry for the poor guy but had no connection. At the very end, Meredith had already voiced that he probably wouldn't make it through surgery, so now we are really disconnected and then BAM!!! 007--OMG, it's George, John Doe is George, seriously, seriously! That was a low blow and I know I am not the only one (Mom and Kyle) to sit in my living room screaming, "NO, NOT GEORGE, NOT GEORGE, NO,NO,NO!!!!!!!!" At least you could of gave us some warning Ms. Chandra. By the time Richard said he sent him home to visit with his mom we didn't even have time to make the connection, it was over at that point. So, in the ending of my rant I will say it one more time--"NOT GEORGE!"

No comments: