Friday, December 15, 2006

Scary Night

We are all still sick but Eric has proven to be the worse. I do feel a little guilty because I was mad at him for not getting out of bed for the last two days when I had to stay up and tend to the kids. Tonight I realized he is very sick and if he is not better by morning I was informed to take him to the hospital. He had finally came out of the bedroom and sat in the chair for only a few minutes before heading to the bathroom. When he started heading back there, I headed outside for a quick smoke, the next thing I knew Taylor told me Daddy fell and I ran inside to find him laying half in the bathroom and half in the hall. He has been running a fever and I figured he broke it because when I went to him his shirt was soaked with sweat. I got the shirt off of him and had him crawl to bed and that is when I noticed his eyes looked sunken in and purple all around them. I took his temperature and even after that drenching sweat it was still very high. I put the kids to bed and then headed to Walgreens where I talked to the pharmacist and he told me the signs of dehydration and when I explained what had just happened he said it didn't sound like the flu that has been going around and that I should give him Tylenol and Gatorade and if he still can't break it I should take him to the ER. It has been 3 1/2 hours since I gave him everything and he is still running this fever. I am planning on staying up so I can watch him and make sure everything is okay. Right now I am a little worried and hope everything turns out okay when he actually wakes up. I will keep everyone posted tomorrow on how it turned out, all I can say is I am so sick of this damn sickness that is going around and can't wait for it to be gone so I can get some rest.

No comments: