Sunday, October 22, 2006

Taylor and Jimmy had each of their friends Emily and Jon spend the night Friday and that went great. Emily, of course has spent many nights here but Jon tried one other time without success, but Friday turned out great and the two boys went right to sleep at bedtime. Emily decided on staying Saturday night as well and Jon opted to head home Saturday afternoon.

We took Emily, Taylor and Jimmy to Chili's last night for dinner and like always the food was great. We are used to getting chips and salsa for an appetizer but decided to get hot wings, Southwest Egg rolls, fried cheese and chips/salsa and it was great. Jimmy let us know when we sat down that he didn't like food or drink "many more", so I shared with him and he was surprised to learn that cheese sticks were actually a food. Later in the meal a man came to the table and made the kids balloons, Jimmy got a motorcycle, Emily a hat and Taylor a butterfly. After dinner I dropped Eric and the girls at the house and decided to take just Jimmy out, which doesn't happen too often. We headed to the bookstore where I got a new Stephen King book and I let him play with the Thomas train set they have out in the kids area. He not only played with the train but sat and watched some Dragon Tales. When he was finished he picked out two Dora the Explorer books and I picked two up for Taylor. I have been telling her about a set of books I used to read when I was her age called Amelia Bedila and I found some last night so I picked one out for her. She loves poetry as well so I found a book hard cover book of silly poetry (what she is learning in school right now) called "Where the Sidewalk Ends" and she got a kick out of that. I was also able to find her something for Christmas that she will love.

I am glad that my two kids love books as much as I do and we enjoy going to the bookstore where we can stay for hours. Eric is not a reader and hates going with us but every once in awhile if we are out I will tell him to stop at one and he will, but he doesn't enjoy the browsing and letting the kids do their own thing in the kids area. I figured last night would be perfect for some alone time with my son and let me tell you, he was absolutely great. I told him the rest of the night how proud I was that he was able to listen and by not throwing any fits when I said it was time to go.

He has been playing outside with Isaiah all morning and is now at his house playing trains. These boys are so good and so much a like. As Eric was leaving this afternoon and found out where Jimmy was he said, "It's so cute to watch them hug, they are great friends." That is true, I am glad Jimmy has someone like Isaiah to play with, he is a wonderful little guy and he has such a cute voice.

Taylor and I have already started planning our Thanksgiving dinner and we are so excited to start cooking. Last year was our first year without family for holidays but we started our own tradition and no matter what I am going to keep it. Taylor and I woke up early last Thanksgiving and started cooking, Tay helping me with everything and I love that memory and decided that from here on our holiday's will be spent at home with Tay and I as the chefs. We are having company this year on Thanksgiving, the more the merrier, but it will be us in the kitchen and I can't wait.

No comments: