Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Busy Weekend

I haven't had a chance to post in a few days, it has been very hectic around here since last Thursday. Not only was I working on teaching my children but I was also fighting with the damn cable company to get my work order taken care of. They sent another guy out not letting him know that we needed the new wires. I could understand this if I was working with a different person each time but I am working with one guy who knows the situation, so I was starting to get very angry that it wasn't taken care of by now. Finally, I called Bright House myself and let them know that I need wires and to get someone out by Saturday for the install. That was all it took, they were here Saturday morning and now I have cable, phone and internet once again.

You would think our worries were over, not even close. Eric started hooking all of his electronics to the TV when it slipped and crashed to the floor screen down. Not good, not only did it break our receiver, but our DVD player is now toast and it pulled the new DVR front off (we were able to fix that one), now we needed a TV. So, Saturday evening I spent a lot of time on the computer looking for who had the best TV and one that we could agree on. Sunday morning we got up and headed to Best Buy where we were on the search for the one we found on the internet when I saw the TV I had wanted for a long time, a rear projection, these are very hard to find and the one I found was a great deal. I don't know if they are planning to eliminate these because of the flatscreen projection that everyone wants on their wall but I was so happy. It is a 52-inch LCD widescreen and they have really eliminated the bulk of the rear projection, so this TV is perfect. Eric really wanted to watch his shows from the wall (I don't understand it) but he liked this one as well.

Taylor took this opportunity at Best Buy to show me the iPOD that she wants for her birthday. If anyone can tell me what the use is for this product please let me know. I asked Taylor why she needed this little contraption and her answer was, "Because none of my friends have on," and had a look on her face like, duh Mom. I do not know what they are for, I am guessing music but really I have no clue. They sell them with the MP3 players (another item I don't understand). Taylor wants everything Tinkerbell for her birthday and Christmas, she is a Tinkerbell nut, but I like her still having some sort of cartoon character that she likes. Now all I ever hear her say is, "Mom, come look, the guy is on that I think is cuter than Chad!" This is a every night thing, I have told her several times that I don't need to look at him nightly. We are again taking her to Orlando for her birthday and will have a day full of FUN! Hopefully she will be happy this time around and not complain. There are so many parks to Orlando and we have only visited 3 of them so we like checking out the different places.

Jimmy has been doing great as well, he just plays with Isaiah everyday and they are so cute to watch. We are having a little issue with Jimmy and that is bad words. We try not to say things around him (of course, they slip here and there) but he is constantly getting in trouble for this. Last night when he used the f-word several times to Taylor I sent him to his room and followed after him and collected every Bob the Builder thing he owned and put them in a box and told him he lost them until he can talk better. I also included he will start losing his toys everytime one of those 4-letter words escape his mouth. When Eric got home he went straight to his room and had a talk with him. I will also take advice on this subject, but please don't ask me to wash his mouth out with soap, that is a disgusting thing and I could never bring myself to do that. He is such a good boy and I know he has been with people that forget they have children around, but I am really scared he may say these words around one of his friends and the parents won't let Jimmy around. This hasn't happened yet, but I don't want to take the chance. I really don't have too many problems with Jimmy, he listens really well for his age and he is very loving and caring about his family and friends and the boy shares everything, which is great and makes me so proud.

I spent last night with the neighborhood women sitting outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. I have found a neighborhood of women who are a lot like I am, we are stay-at-home moms/grandma's who like to talk and smoke and it got us in trouble last night from our significant others, yep, we were outside pulling our lawn chairs to a yard and of course our drinks, cigarettes and ashtrays (lol) from about 9 pm to 2 am we talked and laughed, keeping our husbands awake. A few of the men (including Eric) came out wondering what the hell was going on. We live around great people and we all get along which is great. We had a new couple move in last weekend and yesterday we did the welcome wagon and invited their 6-year-old to come play with our children. The new couple sent him out and sat on the curb to watch in front of my house but they really didn't talk too much. That's fine, I am sure they will come around as well, especially when they see us out every evening laughing. Eric just talks to Gannon and will say "hi" and "How are you?" to my group of friends but then he's inside watching TV, if him and Gannon aren't making a date to play video games.

Hope everyone is doing well and I will post some pictures quick. Love ya all!

No comments: