Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I want to let everyone know Taylor had her test in American Heritage yesterday and got every answer correct, I was so proud but not surprised. She absorbs every detail of that class because like I have said h=before, she loves that class.

Jimmy asked me to take his training wheels off again for the first time in several months and he was off without any problems at all. He rode for hours but I had to make him come inside for awhile. I don't know if he just had a hard weekend and he was wore out but he was crying over everything and he was being so mean to his friends. I have never seen him like this and even Teresa thought maybe he wasn't feeling good. I made him come inside for about 30 minutes and I put Over the Hedge on for him to watch until Daddy got home. When he heard Eric's truck he was out the door to show Daddy how good he did on his bike.

Eric decided he wanted to go out to eat again, this is getting old and as we were driving to the restaurant I told him this is the last time for a while, I need home cooked food which seems like it has been forever. It was different when it was just him and I but with two kids it costs at least $50 to go out and we have been eating out for the last week. I am planning on having stuffed pork chops tonight and they will be ready before he gets home so the suggestion can not even come up. Taylor is so excited to try these pork chops and the reason I think is because she knows I cook them in beer. She had asked me if they make you drunk and I had to explain to her the what happens when you cook alcohol. I started making this dinner when I was around 14-years-old when we were vacationing in Madeira Beach, Florida and everyone went to the pool and I stayed home to watch my soaps. A cooking show came on before they started and this was the recipe they were making and I wrote it down and cooked it for my family for dinner. It makes me think of the condo in Florida and how I felt so "adult" going to Publix with my mom and picking up the ingredients and cooking for everyone and they liked it, it became a meal we ate often. I haven't had it in awhile because Eric hates stuffing, but I decided I am making it anyway and he can remove the stuffing if he doesn't like it.

The kids got their costumes yesterday and Taylor still is being a Gothic fairy, go figure. I had to order Jimmy's off the Internet because he wanted to Diego, but changed his mind when he saw a Bob the Builder costume he liked much better. The costume actually comes with a tool belt and talking tools and should arrive Friday. We got all the accessories to go with Taylor's and she should look great. We are having a Halloween party Saturday evening with the kids in the neighborhood. Everyone is so great in pitching in so my children can have a Halloween party as well since they don't get a school party. We are having goodies, games and party favors and the kids will dress up in their costumes. It should be fun and I will post pictures of the party.

1 comment:

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

Joey, glad things are going so well. Can you email me your new email addy? Thanks, xoxo