Friday, November 10, 2006

We have a day off of school today but spent the rest of the week working our butts off. I ran into a little problem that I am not sure how it happened but we ended up about two weeks a head in Spelling and History, so we are taking a little break from these two subjects so we can catch up quicker. We will be all caught up by next Friday, our last day before Thanksgiving Break. Thanksgiving Break will give Taylor and Jimmy 11 days (that's including weekends) off school. I don't ever remember getting that much time off, but we go with Polk County School District and that's what they have.

I have a couple birthdays coming up and of course Christmas, so I have got to start shopping. I don't even know where to start and do not even have the desire. I have never felt like this before, usually at this I time my Christmas is almost done and I think I only have a few presents, which I bought right after last Christmas. Alisha, Renee and Susan, please send me lists for the kids so I know what they would like. I will be shopping for kids only this year and for my siblings and parents. Eric and I are buying a yearly pass to Cypress Gardens so we can take the kids. Teresa will be getting one for her and Isaiah, so now we can take the kids once a week. Cypress also has a water park that is included in the park admission and the passes are so cheap, $70 a piece and that included weekend concerts, both parks and parking...World's of Fun isn't even that cheap and they don't include Ocean's of Fun.

I am hosting a movie day for the kids in the neighborhood since there is no school today. I must be crazy because the younger kids want to play while the older ones get mad because they want to watch. We will be viewing Cars today with lots of popcorn and nachos. It works out pretty good, each parent sends a certain goodie (drinks, popcorn, chips) so one person isn't paying for all. Teresa will probably come along as well so I won't be in a looney bin after the movie is over.

No comments: