Friday, March 31, 2006

Beautiful Day in Florida

Today was a beautiful day and the kids were outside as soon as they woke up, which gave me time to do my housework and laundry. Being Friday, we have lunch with Eric, but one of his guys had to spend the day in Tampa so Eric couldn't leave, but we took him Chinese from one of our favorite restaurants here in town. Back home for Taylor to head back outside and Jimmy to have his nap and I could get to work on the computer...gotta make that money! Once Jimmy woke up we went back outside so he could play with Clayton and Joshua and of course I stood outside talking to Tonya (Clayton's mom) as we do everyday. Since we've been here I don't think we have had one day where our yard wasn't filled with kids. Jimmy's Jeep has had so much use we have to charge it everynight and we have a broken headlight on it from it being wrecked into the boat, actually got wedged under the trailer for the boat.

Once Eric got home we sat discussing what we were going to have for dinner and couldn't think of anything until our back door opened and in walked Gannon (another neighbor) holding a little tuperware dish and said he needed sour cream for their baked potatoes that were going with their steak. That's when I looked at Eric and told him that's what I wanted and thanked Gannon for the suggestion! Once we hooked him up with his sour cream we headed to the store to get our strips and potatoes. We ended up having a great meal: steak, baked poatoes, corn, sauteed mushrooms and for dessert, Lemon Merangue pie!

So all in all, we had a pretty good day, the kids were great and the weather was as well. My kids and myself are starting to look as though we are Floridans with our tans. We are planning on heading to the lake sometime this weekend and have a nice seafood dinner somewhere, Eric has been wanting crab legs since we got back in town so I told him we would this weekend...he should be happy after that.

I still haven't got out to find me a new vehicle but our time is running out so hopefully that will get done this weekend. I think it would be easier if I could figure out what I want but I am so torn, I was telling mom today I'll probably just get the STS, it's a nice size and will be a comfy ride to KC, but all I know is there is no way we will be travelling in Eric's truck hehehe. I can't wait to get there, I am so proud of Nick, he's graduating, got his band and his beautiful girlfriend! WTG Nicholas James on all your achievements, I love ya bunches!!!

No comments: