Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What A Great Day!

The kids and I had a fantastic afternoon and we all enjoyed ourselves so much. We left the house with the kids thinking we were just heading to the library, but I surprised them with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese and their reaction when they saw where we were pulling up was great. Jimmy started screaming and Taylor had the biggest smile on her face. We ordered our pizza and grabbed the tokens and the kids were off. I played air hockey with Tay and helped Jimmy drive car video games. Afterwards, we headed to the library where Taylor picked up the book she had ordered and they both found new books and both of them picked out two DVDs apiece. Taylor logged onto a computer while Jimmy and I looked around for our books. Taylor got a book for her book report and is very excited to start reading it. I read it many, many years ago and I hope she enjoys it as much as I did. I love spending time with my kids and I decided to take them out for a special treat since they both have done so good with my new budget and not getting all the special things they are used to. It's hard on all of us but the kids are used to basically getting whatever their heart desires and it has been pretty tough on them (Taylor). Eric is having bad withdrawals from not eating out, which is nothing like he used to be. We never used to eat out all the time, but we spent 2 or 3 months where we never ate at home but maybe twice a month, not only did it drain the money but it makes it where you hate the restaurants that used to be such a treat. We have done good and since Eric had his pizza cheat, I decided the kids deserve a day out and they loved it. I was told I am the best mom ever, now that's awesome!

No comments: