Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Day at Lowery Park Zoo









Today we spent the day with our children at Lowery Park Zoo in Tampa and I have to say, I was very impressed. I figured it would be just so-so, but it was great. KC Zoo has a lot more animals but the way this zoo is set up is far better than KC. The kids rode rides and we all had fun watching the manatees.
Today was actually a field trip for Taylor, she is learning about vertabrates and invertabrates and tomorrow she will write about her trip in her science journal. Our Friends of the Zoocard worked here as well, so we were able to get into the park for free, I have to say that was a great gift from Grandma and Grandpa. Hope you enjoy the pictures and I can't wait to take visitors to this zoo, it was so much fun and the kids had a blast. Tay and Jim also played in the water park and they loved it. Our temp hit almost 90 degrees today, not bad for January.

No comments: