Friday, February 03, 2006

They Are Here

Poppa and Nani arrived yesterday evening around 6:00 p.m. We met them at there camping ground and all went to dinner at Olive Garden. It was so great to see them and we got to meet our new "Uncle" Rocky, who is so cute. The kids loved seeing them and Jimmy begged to stay with Nani Celli. Today they are moving to a new RV park because all the others are full, but it's a little closer to us. It was great to see family and they brought us some goodies that we cannot get here...Gates BBQ sauce, Wright's liquid smoke (great on pork chops) and Scimaca's Italian sausage (the Italian sausage down here is horrible.) I need to go get some chicken now so I can have some BBQ that is actually good. Eric and I went for some out here and Sonny's is suppose to be the best in Florida, it is about as good as the worst in KC, and Florida does not have burnt ends. When I get back I am going to have dinner at Smokehouse and have some real BBQ.

Of course, it's raining right now, it hasn't rained for several days, but since they are on vacation I guess that's the law. Hopefully it won't last long and we will be able to get out and visit some places. I really want to take them to Peterson Park to show off the alligator sign. For those of you I have not told, there is a lake in the park with a boardwalk, posted on the boardwalk is a sign letting you know the presence of alligators in the lake and then it goes on to tell you a little bit about the creatures finishing with a warning...DO NOT FEED OR MOLEST ALLIGATORS. Yes, it actually tells you not to molest them...who would try this. Eric and I were crying we were laughing so hard, but by molest I am guessing that they mean do not bother, because I don't know anyone stupid enough to do that in the term that the meaning is for us.

They are here and I am so happy! I don't know when exactly we will be heading back, but it shouldn't be too long. Them being here is just a step closer to getting home. Eric was happy to have family around since he has not spoken to his for several months and can't wait until he can get to KC in April. I will post soon and will keep posting while I am in KC, even though I don't think I will be able to post pictures until I get back. Love you all and I will see you soon.

No comments: