Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I have to do a little bragging on Jimmy today. As you know, he is now in Kindergarten and is doing excellent. He is catching on to spelling, doing great in addition and telling time, learning about children in different countries during Social Studies, everything he does he whizzes through. He best subject is math and he just catches on very quickly. When he first started learning addition, I set his book in front of him and was ready to explain how the process of addition works, I said the problem out loud and was ready to explain when he blurted out the answer. I though to myself, good guess and decided to say the next problem and he knew the answer. For a child that has never done this, I was shocked at how he knew what to do. He is almost finished with his books and will be ready for first grade, we cannot wait.

Taylor is doing excellent as well, she is and always has been a very smart little girl. Right now she is learning so much in her studies: Math-converting liquid measurement (she is awesome at this); Language-writing different types of letters, postcards, addressing envelopes; History-first colonies and people of the New World. She is basically done with her subjects and only has a few weeks left of the remaining that I just mentioned. Taylor is very excited to move on to the fifth grade.

Mom and Vinney will be here Thursday and the kids have really been counting down the days, they miss both of them, I do as well. We are very excited for your arrival.

No comments: