Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Sad Day For All

Today was one of the saddest days of my life, I had to say goodbye to Uncle Mike. I cried so hard and felt so lost at times. Seeing my family members cry, most of them I have never seen shed a tear, tore me up inside. I know that Uncle Mike was there, I could feel him, he knows that all these people showed up for him and you know he was smiling when he heard all the stories and memories people were talking about. I was happy that so many people loved him! He was one of the greatest men I have ever known and I will always think of him.

As everyone knows, my sister is getting ready to give birth to her first child, she has decided to change his name in memory of Uncle Mike. He will now have the name, Vincent Mikel Nicholas Marshall and she is trying to make her c-section September 26th, the day Uncle Mike would turn 49. Stephanie Jo, I know Uncle Mike is so proud right now, a part of him will be with Vinnie always.

I want to thank everyone who showed up today, it meant so much! Forever in our hearts you are Mikel Doolioni of the Maucelli's and we are proud of you and your legacy will live on with us!

No comments: