Friday, July 07, 2006

Homeschooling News

After a pretty big discussion on whether to keep homeschooling or enroll Taylor in the Smithville School District, Eric helped me make my decision, he told me to keep homeschooling. This will be a more trying year with several new subjects and will cost us more than last year but it will be worth it. I have a hard time sending her to a public school for that fact that I don't agree with what they teach them. These days they don't teach American history (Columbus, Paul Revere) all the things that are an impotant part of our history. They teach our children to be Liberals and only have a one track mind whereas when I teach her she learns about our country, God and the values I would like her to have. I even thought about a private school, out here in Missouri there is an Italian Catholic school where she would learn the language as well and that may be a possiblity later on in her life, but as of now I think it would be better to homeschool. With Eric living in Florida and us in KC it will be easier for us to hop on a plane to visit where we cannot do that if she is in school. I only hope Eric won't take long to get back home with us because we all miss him. He is planning to fly out in a couple weeks so he can see the kids and Taylor is really missing her daddy.

I have decided to enroll the kids in Sunday school up here in Smithville as well. I told Taylor this morning she needs to find some sort of sport to join in on, I don't care what it is as long is it's something she would enjoy doing. I have also offered music lessons to her, she can play whatever instrument she would like, I just want her envolved in other actitivies than just staying at home. Jimmy will start up on preschool again and be ready for kindergarten the following year. I have my work ahead of me but I am excited to go on this journey with the two most important people in my life...my children!

No comments: